UCI Health Speaker Series: “The Current Pandemic (COVID): What You Need to Know”
Friday, March 12, 2021
Featuring UCI Health infectious disease specialist Thomas Cesario, MD
Cesario will discuss the most recent epidemiology of the COVID-19 virus. He will provide answers to the following questions:
- Is the virus mutating?
- Has our understanding of transmission changed?
- Do masks and social distancing really work?
- How important are presymptomatic and asymptomatic shedding?
- What is the role of children?
- Is the clinical picture any different?
- What are our diagnostic tests and how good are they?
- What do we now understand about treatment?
- Where are we with vaccines?
- How close are we to controlling this?
Zoom Link: https://ucihealth.zoom.us/j/91425674397?pwd=UVRHTlIrRHZBalZpNzkzMEVZQS9OQT09
Meeting ID: 914 2567 4397