More than 85 million Americans suffer from some form of cardiovascular disease. It remains the leading cause of U.S. deaths, claiming about 800,000 lives annually. Dr. Michael Rochon-Duck will discuss what you can do to maintain heart health as you age, and how new technologies for monitoring heart health can help forestall serious heart disease. Rochon-Duck is a cardiologist at UCI Health who is dedicated to the diagnosis, management and prevention of cardiovascular disease.
Feb. 24, 2020
Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
Friends Room, Central Library
1000 Avocado Avenue
Newport Beach, CA 92660
Lecture series details:
- Once a month on Monday Evenings between September to May
- Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and program is 7-8:30 p.m. lecture with Q&A
- Friends Room, Central Library, 1000 Avocado Avenue, Newport Beach, CA 92660
- FREE Admission (a suggested donation of $10.00 is always appreciated)
- No Reservations required
- FREE parking in lot and in structure
The Newport Beach Public Library Foundation in collaboration with UCI Health is pleased to present the 2019 - 2020 season of Medicine in Our Backyard featuring an extraordinary group of renowned doctors and researchers on a wide range of topics from treating back pain to health equity to aging gracefully. The UCI doctors present the latest studies and newest technologies in an engaging public forum. Come learn with us!