Scientists have known since the 1990s that virtually all cases of cervical cancer can be linked to HPV infections. Now, an increasing number of throat cancers may be due to HPV infection. Drs. Allen Chen and Tjoson Tjoa will discuss the latest research and why HPV-related throat cancers are now considered an epidemic. Dr. Allen Chen is renowned for his research in head and neck cancers and has been named among Best Doctors in America® 10 years in a row. Dr. Tjoson Tjoa specializes in the surgical treatment of head and neck cancer, major reconstructive surgery, microvascular techniques, thyroid surgery, salivary gland surgery, and skull base surgery.
April 27, 2020
Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
Friends Room, Central Library
1000 Avocado Avenue
Newport Beach, CA 92660
Lecture series details:
- Once a month on Monday Evenings between September to May
- Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and program is 7-8:30 p.m. lecture with Q&A
- Friends Room, Central Library, 1000 Avocado Avenue, Newport Beach, CA 92660
- FREE Admission (a suggested donation of $10.00 is always appreciated)
- No Reservations required
- FREE parking in lot and in structure
The Newport Beach Public Library Foundation in collaboration with UCI Health is pleased to present the 2019 - 2020 season of Medicine in Our Backyard featuring an extraordinary group of renowned doctors and researchers on a wide range of topics from treating back pain to health equity to aging gracefully. The UCI doctors present the latest studies and newest technologies in an engaging public forum. Come learn with us!