Depression is common in older adults, but is it normal? Dr. Robert Bota will share why many physical illnesses can significantly increase the risk of depression, and how implementing stress reduction techniques can improve the quality of life in older adults. He will also discuss Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation, or TMS—a new approach to treating depression. Bota is passionate about combining the latest medical treatments with innovative clinical trials. Since 2017, Bota has been named a Physician of Excellence by the Orange County Medical Association.
Nov. 18, 2019
Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
Friends Room, Central Library
1000 Avocado Avenue
Newport Beach, CA 92660
Lecture series details:
- Once a month on Monday Evenings between September to May
- Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and program is 7-8:30 p.m. lecture with Q&A
- Friends Room, Central Library, 1000 Avocado Avenue, Newport Beach, CA 92660
- FREE Admission (a suggested donation of $10.00 is always appreciated)
- No Reservations required
- FREE parking in lot and in structure
The Newport Beach Public Library Foundation in collaboration with UCI Health is pleased to present the 2019 - 2020 season of Medicine in Our Backyard featuring an extraordinary group of renowned doctors and researchers on a wide range of topics from treating back pain to health equity to aging gracefully. The UCI doctors present the latest studies and newest technologies in an engaging public forum. Come learn with us!