Employee Spiritual Wellness
The UCI Patient Experience Spiritual Care team offers several remedies to our staff members in their time of need.
Located at Douglas Hospital near the main lobby, it is available 24 hours a day, seven days of the week. It is open to all faiths.
In this room, you will find:
- Books, such as the Holy Bible, Holy Koran, Mormon Book of Life and books for meditation (currently unavailable)
- Prayer rugs and scarves (located in the cabinet drawer)
- Prayer request box (located above the cabinet). Our chaplains pray the prayer requests daily at 11:30 a.m.
Whether it is the comfort of a listening ear, prayer, counsel, blessing, communion, grief support or crisis support, our chaplains are here to listen, understand, and support you.
Staff members may request of our chaplains to:
- Send weekly meditations, words of encouragement, or prayers by email.
- Host a Tea for the Soul, which is used for debriefing and counsel at a difficult time of loss or grief
- Write cards of encouragement, including recognition of celebrations and during difficult times
To learn more about chaplain support services, or to speak to one of our chaplains, contact Chaplain Pirjo Carlisle or Chaplain Patrick Thompson
UCI Health Patient Experience, Nursing, and HR Wellness have teamed together to offer Code Lavender. Code Lavender is a holistic care rapid response, serving caregivers in need of intensive emotional or spiritual support. UCI Health employees may submit their request by email to CodeLavender@hs.uci.edu