Sending Imaging Records
UCI Health now offers patients and healthcare providers a safe and secure way to send medical imaging records to our radiologists electronically using Life Image.
Life Image is a HIPAA-compliant service. Just upload your or your patient’s medical images and related health records to Life Image and they will be delivered to UCI Health radiologists for review.
By sending us images before an appointment, we can ensure patients are seeing the most appropriate specialist for their condition. Having images in advance also allows physicians to begin developing a treatment plan before a patient’s appointment.
Healthcare providers may also submit images for a second opinion or a second read request.
- Processing the uploaded images could take up to 24 hours before they are available to UCI Health providers.
- Unless you are a physician, please do not upload images if you do not have a scheduled appointment.
- Please leave an accurate phone number, as we may need to validate your information on the phone.
- If you have your non-UCI Health Radiology medical images on a CD or USB flash drive and want to share them with a UCI Health physician, please click "Send Your Images" below.
How to upload your images
- Click the “Send Your Images” button.
- Click on the “Request a Connection” button.
- Fill out the form to request permission to upload your imaging exams and click on the “Send Request” button when done. This will send the request to the UCI Health Radiology Department and send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive a welcome email containing an access code and link to get started.
- Click on the link and enter your access code when prompted.
- Put your CD into your CD/DVD drive (Or insert USB drive) and follow the instructions to upload your medical images.
If you need support sending your images, please contact Life Image at 877-959-5615 or firstname.lastname@example.org.