The goal of occupational therapy is to facilitate healing and restore function to patients with upper extremity injuries and disorders.
Hand therapists are occupational therapists who specialize in the rehabilitation of the hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder. Our therapists will assist you in achieving your performance goals and return to the lifestyle and activities you enjoy.
Conditions that may benefit from occupational/hand therapy include:
- Tendon injuries
- Nerve lesions/compression syndromes
- Joint replacement
We provide an individualized assessment that address your entire lifestyle, not just your condition. Our hand therapists will help you get back to do what is meaningful and fulfilling in your everyday life.
Our comprehensive services include:
- Customized splint/orthotic fabrication
- Therapeutic exercises to improve motion, strength and function
- Therapeutic modalities to promote healing and manage pain
- Pressure gradient garments for scar and edema management
- Activity modification/adaptive devices
- Patient and caregiver education
- Lympedema management
A physician referral is required. To learn more, call 714-456-5568.