Video Visits With Your Provider
Get the healthcare you need and keep up with the regular visits that keep you feeling your best.
Many of our providers can schedule video visits, allowing you to connect with them from the comfort of your home.
This means you can consult with primary care physicians and many of our board-certified specialists, including world-renowned surgeons, oncologists and experts in heart, gastrointestinal and other conditions.
What are UCI Health video visits?
By using our secure MyChart app on your laptop, desktop computer, smartphone or tablet, you may see your physician for consultations, follow-up appointments and some exams. You can discuss symptoms or recovery, as well as diagnosis and treatment plans, without having to leave your home or workplace.
In other words, it’s just like a regular appointment with your doctor, only more convenient.
Does my provider offer video visits?
The list of UCI Health providers participating in video visits is constantly growing. Please contact your provider’s office directly to learn whether they offer video visits.
Get started today
- Reducing your exposure to others if you’re not feeling well
- Limiting your exposure to others who are ill
- Making doctor visits easier for patients who have difficulty traveling to receive healthcare
- Offering people who live in remote or rural areas access to specialists not otherwise available
- A reliable, high-speed internet connection
- A smartphone, tablet, laptop or computer with a video camera and microphone
- A valid email address
- A MyChart account set up prior to scheduling. MyChart is also available for IOS and Android. You will access your video visit through your MyChart account. Customer support: 1-833-469-2478. 6 a.m.–10 p.m., seven days a week.
- To download the Zoom application to your device. You DO NOT need to create an account on Zoom.
Yes! UCI Health MyChart and Zoom apps for conducting video visits are fully compliant with HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) requirements to protect the privacy and security of your health information.
Your information is securely transmitted and is treated the same way it would be if you were meeting with your doctor in person.
Most video visits are payable via insurance if UCI Health is contracted with your insurance company.
Please reach out to your doctor’s office or your insurance carrier for more information.
- Check your tech. Test your apps and setup ahead of time so you don’t lose precious face time with your caregiver. Turn off other programs that might disrupt the visit with notifications. If you don’t feel up to the task, ask a tech-savvy friend or relative to help you out.
- Set the scene. Find a quiet place that allows a measure of privacy and a secure internet connection. The area should be well lit. Place the camera at eye level, so you can speak with your care provider as if you were in the same room.
- Prepare for your call. Write down any symptoms you’re experiencing and the questions you want your doctor to answer.
- Take notes. Remember to write down any directions or treatment plans the doctor shares. Make sure you have a pharmacy on file with your care team.
- Give feedback. After your visit, let the team know what went right, what could be improved and if there are any ways the team can support your future video visits.