Due to the COVID-19 pandemic in-person classes have been canceled. Below are links of online resources that may be helpful to you at this time:
Our Prepared Childbirth classes provide you with information about the intellectual, physical and emotional parts of the birth process.
The classes emphasize exercise techniques for relaxation during labor, birth and after you’ve had your baby. Classes are taught virtually on Zoom by veteran childbirth educator Janis Bell-Ryan Bush for UCI Medical Center.
Cost is free to attend.
These are the series in 2020:
- Thursdays: Aug. 6, 13, 20, 27, Sept. 3
- Wednesdays: Aug. 26, Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23
- Thursdays: Sept. 10, 17, 24, Oct. 1, 8
- Wednesdays: Sept. 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21, 28
- Thursdays: Oct. 15, 22, 29 Nov. 5, 12
- Wednesdays: Nov. 4, 11, 18, 25, Dec. 2
- Thursdays (and one Friday): Nov. 19, Dec. 3, 10, 17, 18
Each series has five (5) classes and will meet weekly on Wednesdays or Thursdays at 6—9 p.m.
Registration is required. This is a 5-class series. Each series meets five Wednesdays in a row or five Thursdays in a row. By registering for the first class of a series, you are registered for all the classes in that series. Late registrations are welcome through the fourth class in the series. Call 657-282-6357 for late registrations.
Nursing students from community schools can attend this class without registration. Please do not register online if you are a nursing student. Requirements for students:
- Bring student ID
- Arrive 5-10 minutes early to make sure there is room in the class
- Notify the instructor that you are a student at the beginning of class
- Dress appropriately in nursing uniform or business casual attire