Our Prepared Childbirth classes are now being held online until further notice.
The classes provide you with information about the intellectual, physical and emotional parts of the birth process. They emphasize exercise techniques for relaxation during labor, birth and after you’ve had your baby.
Classes are taught virtually on Zoom by veteran childbirth educator Janis Bell-Ryan Bush for UCI Medical Center.
Each series has five (5) classes and meets from 6 to 9 p.m. We recommend choosing a class series that ends at least three weeks before your due date.
Cost is free to attend.
- Wednesdays: Sept. 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21, 28
- Thursdays: Oct. 15, 22, 29 Nov. 5, 12
- Wednesdays: Nov. 4, 11, 18, 25, Dec. 2
- Thursdays (and one Friday): Nov. 19, Dec. 3, 10, 17, 18
- Tuesdays: Dec. 8, 15, 22, 29 and Jan. 5, 2021
- Thursdays: Jan. 7, 14, 21, 28 and Feb 4
- Tuesdays: Jan. 12, 19, 26, Feb. 2 and 9
- Thursdays: Feb. 11, 18, 25, March 4 and 11
- Tuesdays: Feb. 23, March 2, 9, 16, 23
- Thursdays: March 18, 25, April 1, 8, 15
Registration is required. This is an online series of five classes. Each series usually meets five Wednesdays in a row or five Thursdays in a row. Beginning in December, 2020, we are shifting to Tuesdays and Thursdays.
By registering for the first class in a series, you are registered for all five classes in that series. Late registrations are welcome through the fourth class in the series. Call 657-282-6357 for late registrations.
Nursing students from community schools can attend this class without registration. Please do not register online if you are a nursing student. Requirements for students:
- Provide student ID
- Notify the instructor that you are a student at the beginning of class