Advanced Cardiac Imaging Services
When your child has a suspected heart problem, you want answers as soon as possible.
Our UCI Health pediatric heart specialists understand why an accurate diagnosis is so important to you: Pinpointing the problem allows us to develop and begin a treatment plan to make your child feel better.
We are proud to offer a team with some of the most advanced fetal cardiac imaging expertise in Orange County. We have physicians who have additional fellowship training in this field.
Pediatric cardiac imaging: Why choose us
We believe that our experience makes the difference in the care we give. Families choose us for their children’s care because we offer:
- Highly-trained experts: Our team includes imaging experts who have completed fellowship training in this field. That means we are among the most specialized teams in fetal and pediatric imaging in Orange County.
- Full spectrum of care: We work seamlessly with our pediatric heart services colleagues, giving you access to some of the region’s top heart experts as well as the advanced services and technology of an academic medical center.
- Ongoing research: We are dedicated to active research in our field to develop better ways to offer the best possible care. You can be confident our services are at the forefront of pediatric heart imaging technology.
Cardiac imaging services
We perform specialized echocardiograms that use high-frequency sound waves to create images of your child's heart and its structures safely and painlessly. We provide the following types of noninvasive cardiac imaging:
- Three-dimensional echocardiography: An ultrasound probe creates a 3-D image of the heart and its vessels.
- Transthoracic echocardiography: A probe sends sound waves through the chest wall to create images of the heart.
- Transesophageal echocardiography: A small tube inserted into the esophagus contains a tiny transducer that uses high-frequency sound waves to create images of the heart.
- Fetal echocardiography: An ultrasound probe is moved over a mother's abdomen to obtain detailed images of the unborn baby’s developing heart. Learn more about our Fetal Heart Services ›
For more information or to make an appointment, please call us at 714-581-4401 or 855-563-5320.