Brain Tumor Program: Patient Support Services
Undergoing brain tumor treatment is never easy. In addition to physical symptoms, you may be experiencing a range of emotions as well as unexpected changes to your lifestyle and daily routine. This can be a scary and difficult time for you and your family, which is why you need all the support you can get.
Whether you just need someone to talk to or you need help taking care of yourself between appointments, we in the UCI Health Comprehensive Brain Tumor Program are here for you. We lend a compassionate ear and help connect you with support services to meet your every need.
Support services for patients with brain tumors
We offer a variety of support services for our brain tumor patients. They include:
- Support groups: For many patients, it means so much to know that they are not alone. At our center, you will find support groups where you can talk with other patients as well as survivors who have been in your shoes. We have an active Brain Tumor Support Group as well as a Young Adult Cancer Support Group.
- Social workers: Social workers help you and your family minimize stress and address barriers that could get in the way of your treatment through services such as emotional support or referral to a meal delivery service. Learn more about how our social workers make life easier for patients.
- Financial assistance: Even if you have insurance, out-of-pocket costs can quickly add up. We can help you understand your potential out-of-pocket costs. If you need help paying for your care, we connect you with services and special programs for which you may qualify. Find out more about insurance and financial assistance ›
- Complementary and alternative medicine: You may be interested in seeking complementary treatments such as such as therapeutic massage and acupuncture that can be used along with the standard, scientifically based treatments to help you fight cancer. Learn more about complementary and alternative medicine for cancer ›
- Spiritual and pastoral care: Our certified chaplains offer support to patients and families of all faiths. We offer companionship, a partner in prayer and spiritual guidance on questions related to your care. Learn more about our spiritual and pastoral care ›
To schedule an appointment, call 714-456-8000 or fill out an online request form. You may also send us an email.
Our 24-hour promise: If you are a new patient, one of our brain tumor physicians will return your call within 24 hours. You can be seen in our offices within 48 hours after insurance approval.