The physicians with the Head and Neck Oncology Program are dedicated to finding the best curative and palliative solutions for each patient.
We treat benign and malignant tumors, including:
Every patient receives state-of-the-art care from diagnosis to treatment and beyond.
Our examination rooms are equipped with microscopes for advanced detection and monitoring of head and neck cancers as well as benign and malignant thyroid conditions. We also specialize in robot-assisted head and neck procedures, including scarless thyroid surgery.
We are leaders in the development of new surgical techniques and the integration of new chemotherapeutic agents that are improving patient survival and quality of life. Our reconstruction surgeons have special expertise in microvascular surgery, prosthetic implants and dental implants.
Our patients benefit from a multidisciplinary team that includes:
- Medical oncologists
- Plastic and reconstructive surgeons
- Radiation oncologists
- Dental surgeons specializing in prosthodontics
- Speech pathologists
- Experts in swallowing training and nutrition
- Case managers
- Social workers
The result is leading-edge care delivered in a compassionate environment that values patients as individuals and respects each patient's needs and desires.
Our patients also benefit from our commitment to research. Working at a university medical center, we participate regularly in clinical trials and are considered leaders in new approaches to treat conditions affecting the ear, nose, throat, head and neck.
Our head and neck surgical oncologists are board-certified otolaryngologists — also known as ear, nose and throat specialists — who have received additional training in head and neck oncology and reconstruction.
- Our team, led by Dr. William B. Armstrong, provides state-of-the-art diagnosis and treatment for all head and neck tumors. Our nationally regarded surgeons are experts in minimally invasive techniques and tissue-sparing approaches to minimize the trauma of head and neck cancer surgery, including robot-assisted procedures.
- Our surgeons were the first on the West Coast to offer patients robot-assisted thyroid surgery, which allows physicians to remove a diseased thyroid without leaving a neck scar. We are still the only group performing these robot-assisted procedures in Southern California.
- Our team also includes specialists in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery, radiation oncology, medical oncology, radiology, pathology, anesthesia and maxillofacial prosthodontics. Speech pathologists, dietitians, case managers and social workers provide vital support to the team.
The result is leading-edge care delivered in a compassionate environment that values each patient as an individual and respects their needs and desires.
Our team regularly receives referrals from physicians throughout Orange County and beyond. To make a referral, call 714-456-7017.
Caring for head and neck cancer patients requires a team of healthcare professionals from multiple disciplines. The commitment of a skilled team of surgeons, radiologists, radiation therapists, medical oncologists and support staff is required for optimal treatment.
Our head and neck cancer specialists include: