UCI Health In-Home Care
We now offer house calls!
Get same-day, in-home medical care for urgent, non-life-threatening illnesses and injuries from our convenient UCI Health DispatchHealth service from 8 a.m. until 10 p.m., seven days a week, including holidays.
Simply call or complete the online request form and explain your symptoms. Medical professionals will arrive at your home within a few hours to provide treatment for many common conditions and injuries.
To schedule an appointment, please call 949-594-0447 or complete the online visit request form ›
Each in-home care team includes a nurse practitioner (NP) or physician associate (PA) and a medical technician. An emergency medicine physician is always available by phone for consultations when needed.
The in-home medical care unit is an in-network service with most health insurance plans and is often the same out-of-pocket cost as an in-network urgent care center.
Learn more about other UCI Health same-day care options including walk-in care and OnCall ›
If you think you are having a medical or psychiatric emergency, visit the nearest emergency room or call 9-1-1.
Benefits of in-home medical care
- No appointment necessary or pre-registration required
- Same-day care within the comfort of home
- Convenient hours, seven days per week including holidays
- In-network with most health insurance plans
- Lower copays than emergency rooms
Conditions treated by UCI Health DispatchHealth
The UCI Health DispatchHealth service treats simple to complex illnesses and minor injuries, all from the comfort of your home, including, but not limited to:
- COVID-19 symptoms
- Diarrhea, nausea or vomiting
- Headache or migraine
- Respiratory infections
- Shortness of breath with COPD
- Significant skin infections
- Strains, sprains and minor fractures
- Urinary tract infections
Conditions the mobile medical unit doesn’t treat
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, call 911.
- Chest pain
- Intentional overdose or suicidal thoughts
- Loss of consciousness
- Loss of vision
- Moderate to severe shortness of breath
- Rectal bleeding
- Severe abdominal pain
- Stroke symptoms: numbness or weakness on one side, or difficulty speaking, swallowing or walking
- Vomiting blood
We provide procedures and treatments for common medical conditions or injuries, including, but not limited to:
- IV fluids, medications and antibiotics
- Lancing of abscess (boil)
- Advanced on-site blood testing
- Urinary catheter insertion
- Rapid infectious disease testing (flu, COVID-19, strep, mono, etc.)