Lose weight fast and build healthier routines that last with HMR® (Health Management Resources), a clinically proven diet and lifestyle-change program specially designed to help people who want to lose a lot of weight.
More than just a diet, all-inclusive HMR plans also provide the education, support and accountability to help you make and keep healthier lifestyle habits.
Fast, motivating weight loss
For the past four years, US News & World Report has ranked the program created by HMR and offered by UCI Health as a No. 1 Best Fast Weight-Loss Diet.
Losing weight quickly is motivating and can help you stick to your diet longer.
*UCI Health is an official licensee of the HMR Program, a nonsurgical, clinic-based diet that US News & World Report has named a "Best Diet for Weight Loss." US News & World Report's Best Diets 2019 panel of nutrition experts ranked the HMR Program, which UCI Health licenses, but did not evaluate any products or services of UCI Health itself.
How the program works
- Lose weight quickly. Take a break from food decisions and stay full with a nutritionally complete plan using HMR weight-loss foods. (Fruits and vegetables included on some plans).
- Learn new skills. Using the principles of behavioral science, learn how to make new routines around healthier eating and physical activity.
- Get coaching and support. Weekly classes, digital resources and a mobile app provide extra support and accountability.
- Maintain after the diet. Reduce reliance on HMR foods and transition to a long-term healthy eating plan.
Now more options: Lose weight here or at home
Choose the weight-loss option that works best for you. Join us for weekly meetings, or do the program on your own at home with delivery of HMR foods and materials (available with or without group phone coaching).
HMR's premiere program offers the fastest weight loss and highest level of support.
- Average weight loss: 43-66 pounds in 12-26 weeks1
- Medical supervision if needed
- Inspiration and connection with fellow members through weekly classes
- Extra insights and follow-up from your health coach each week
- A team of weight management professionals dedicated to your success
Sign up for a free, no obligation info session ›
If your schedule makes it difficult to attend weekly, lose weight at home with the Healthy Solutions® plan:
- Average weight loss: 23 lbs. at 12 weeks, 28 lbs. at 28 weeks2
- Convenient home delivery of HMR foods and program materials
- Weekly group coaching by phone (optional)
- Digital support through the HMR app to stay on track
We partner with HMR's national team of Health Coaches to deliver the at-home program. When you use the link below to join the at-home plan or purchase HMR foods online, HMR will associate you with our program.
Learn more about the HMR At-Home Program ›
1Clinic results (in-person): Average weight loss is 43-66 lbs. for the Decision-Free® plan with medical supervision, and 28-37.5 lbs. for the Healthy Solutions® plan, based on research studies conducted in people who completed between 12-26 weeks.
2At-home results: Average weight loss for the Healthy Solutions at Home® program with phone coaching is 23 lbs. at 12 weeks and 28 lbs. at 26 weeks for those who completed the program. (This is also available as a digital plan without phone support).
Since its inception in 1987, the UCI Health Weight Management Program has helped thousands of individuals lose weight and manage their health.
We are dedicated to helping you lose weight and live healthier through dietary changes and reducing your risk factors for disease.
- Our team includes a cross-section of specialties, including physicians, nurse practitioners, health educators and registered dietitians.
- Our team specializes in working with patients who are experiencing medical complications of obesity, such as diabetes and hypertension.
- Instead of simply promoting weight loss, our program emphasizes better overall health through exercise, nutrition and positive lifestyle changes.
For more information, sign up for a free information session ›
The UCI Health Weight Management team includes physicians, nurse practitioners and registered dietitians who are here to help you achieve your goals.
Our team includes:
A healthy body mass index (BMI) is between 18.5 and 24.9. If you're unsure of your BMI, use the calculator below.
If your BMI is above the healthy range and you'd like to lose weight, call 949-824-8770 to sign up for a free information session to learn more about the Weight Management Program.
If you are interested in surgical or other methods of weight loss, visit UCI Health Bariatric Surgery Services ›