UCI Health offers Orange County's most experienced diagnostic and treatment services for children and adolescents with disorders of the endocrine system.
As part of Orange County's only academic health system — with research and innovation powered by the University of California, Irvine — we offer our patients access to the most advanced treatments that are based on the latest studies in endocrinology for both children and adults.
Giving your child timely access to care is important to us. We strive to see your child as soon as possible. Among the ways we do this:
- Same-day appointments may be available most Tuesdays and Thursdays — if no pre-authorization is required
- Self-referrals are accepted if no pre-authorization is required
- All urgent referrals are promptly managed
- X-rays and lab results are not required before making an appointment
- We accept all referrals — including those about weight — unless the patient's condition is more appropriate for another specialty
- Parents concerned about their child's growth do not have to attend a growth seminar before making an appointment
- Parents who may be concerned about precocious puberty in their child can get an accelerated appointment, without the child having a full medical work-up
Referring providers with urgent concerns may contact us at 714-456-7720 to expedite appointments.
The endocrine system is made up of the hormone-producing glands that regulate metabolism, growth and development, sexual function and reproduction, among many other body functions. It includes the adrenal, pituitary, parathyroid and thyroid glands, as well as the pancreas, ovaries (in females) and testicles (in males).
Hormone imbalances in children and adolescents can lead to a variety of conditions, including diabetes and problems with height, weight, bone density, sexual development, excessive body hair, acne and menstrual cycles.
Timely medical intervention is critical to achieving a favorable outcome. We diagnose and treat the following conditions:
We see patients at UCI Health Gottschalk Medical Plaza in Irvine and in Torrance. As part of the UCI School of Medicine's affiliation with CHOC Children’s Hospital of Orange County, we also provide pediatric endocrinology services at the CHOC subspecialty clinic in Orange.
Pediatric endocrinology services is led by board-certified pediatric endocrinologist Ajanta Naidu, MD, who is one of the region's most experienced endocrinology specialists.
The team also includes:
We see patients at UCI Health Gottschalk Medical Plaza in Irvine.