Our family planning professionals offer women and men reproductive health counseling, education and birth control options through individual and couples sessions. Our family planning services include:
- Pre-conception counseling for women who wish to become pregnant. Women learn how to optimize their health before conception and ensure a safe pregnancy. Our patients still have the freedom to decide where to get prenatal care, as well as where and how they will deliver their babies.
- Counseling on medical and surgical options for women with unintended pregnancies.
- Birth-control counseling for women to minimize the risk of another unintended pregnancy.
The Women’s Options Center offers one-on-one counseling for women and couples.
Our specialists provide appropriate services for miscarriage management, abnormal pregnancies and pregnancy termination, including medical and surgical abortion, emergency contraception (the “morning-after pill”), contraception and permanent sterilization.
Pregnancy options are explained during a counseling session — usually face-to-face, but also over the phone — with a trained professional. Counseling assists in several ways:
- You gain a clearer picture of how you feel about being pregnant.
- You can get all your questions answered.
- You receive medically accurate, factual information on prenatal care, adoption and abortion from a physician or counselor.
- If you are nervous or scared, your counselor can help you practice ways to tell your parents or your partner that you are pregnant.
For questions or to make an appointment, call 714-456-7188.