Dr. Ke-Qin Hu is a board-certified UCI Health internist and hepatologist who is skilled in the treatment of liver diseases and disorders. He emphasizes bridging research advances with bedside patient care.
Hu is actively involved in clinical trials for treatment of hepatitis B and C. His clinical research focuses on the outcomes of liver diseases and treatment. His basic research has focused on molecular virology in the diagnosis of hepatitis B and C virus infection as well as the chemoprevention of liver cancer.
He has co-authored more than 100 research papers, book chapters and review articles, including publications in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Journal of Clinical Investigation and Hepatology. He is an associate editor and editorial board member for several medical journals.
Hu also is dedicated to community outreach, public education and reducing disparities in healthcare. He is an advisory board member in several local and regional health promotion organizations.
Hu earned his medical degree and received postgraduate training at Tongji Medical University in Wuhan, China. He completed a residency in internal medicine at Huntington Hospital in Pasadena, Calif., and a fellowship in hepatology at the University of Southern California liver unit.
Speakers Bureau Topics
- Alcohol Liver Disease
- Ascites and Spontaneous Peritonitis, Diagnosis and Management
- Autoimmune Hepatitis, Primary Biliary Cirrhosis and Sclerosing Cholangitis
- Cirrhosis and Its Complications, Diagnosis and Management
- Fatty Liver and Other Liver Diseases
- Hepatic Encephalopathy, Diagnosis and Management
- Hepatitis B (viral) – Natural History and Management
- Hepatitis B, Long-Term Treatment and HBV Antiviral Resistance
- Hepatitis C (viral) – Natural History and Management
- Hepatitis C, Update on Direct-Acting Antiviral (DAA) Treatment
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma, Epidemiology, Diagnosis, Prevention and Management
- Liver Cancer, Epidemiology, Diagnosis, Prevention and Management