Executive Health Program FAQ
How much does an examination at UCI Health Executive Health cost?
Our exams are completely customizable and range from $995 to $4,000, depending on the specific lab work and testing that is performed.
How long does the exam usually take?
Your examination and testing will take approximately 2.5 to 4 hours from start to finish, depending on what specific testing is being done with your exam.
How do I get my results?
Your follow-up discussion averages about 30 to 45 minutes. We use this time to thoroughly review our findings with you, help you establish health goals and answer any other health questions you may have.
Follow-up appointments can be done in person or by phone, or a mailed report can be prepared for you. We believe that discussing your results in person is most effective.
What if I need to follow up on something? Can I get a referral?
You will be notified promptly of any exam finding that needs urgent attention. We can refer you to providers both inside and outside of UCI Health.
Though we do not participate in any insurance programs, we do ask for your insurance information at your initial appointment in order to coordinate additional services for you, such as referrals or imaging.
If I get an exam through your program, can you be my primary care provider?
Our mission is to provide a comprehensive annual look at one's overall health. We are not part of any insurance network, so our care is considered out of network.
If you have conditions that require ongoing care, we believe it is in your best interest to have a primary care provider designated to coordinate care between annual visits to our program. If you do not have an established relationship with a primary care provider, we're happy to help you find one.
What forms of payment or insurance do you accept?
The UCI Executive Health Program does not participate in any insurance plan, bill any insurance plan, or accept reimbursement from any insurance plan.
Therefore, out-of-pocket expenses are not reimbursable under any insurance plan.
If you submit a claim for reimbursement from your insurance plan, it will very likely be rejected.
However, out-of-pocket expenses may be reimbursable under a flexible spending account. Contact your administrator for details.
Will the medical information generated as a result of the exam be shared with my employer?
Absolutely not. We do not share your information with anyone without your written consent and authorization.
What does UCI Health offer that other executive health programs do not?
We offer many advantages:
- Convenience: Your evaluation takes place in one location, so no time is spent traveling from place to place. We have tailored our exams to focus on the most pertinent items, including ample one-on-one time with our physician.
- Customization: You consult with your exam physician to design a follow-up action plan that meets your needs.
- Cost: We have negotiated low prices on services such as lab work, stress testing and additional studies. These savings are passed on to you.
- Credibility: We are the first executive health program in Orange County and the only one affiliated with the UC Irvine School of Medicine.
- Innovation: We are also the only executive health program in Orange County that is part of a university-based integrative medicine program, so you have access to the best of both conventional and alternative-medicine approaches.
For questions or to request an appointment, call us at 714-790-8501. You can also request an appointment online ›