Fire up the grill this summer and enjoy these light, simple and flavorful kebabs featuring shrimp, lime, cilantro, mushrooms and tomatoes.
Tomatoes pack a punch: they’re a great source of vitamin C, potassium, copper and more. Your heart will love the boost it gets from the garlic in this recipe, and the olive oil is a healthy fat that will leave you feeling satisfied.
Feeling creative? Consider adding red onion, green peppers or zucchini.
For an extra nutritious boost, add a small green salad as a side dish.
Lime Shrimp Kebabs
- 1/4 cup lime juice (about three limes)
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, cleaned and chopped
- 16 large shrimp, uncooked and deveined
- 10 medium cherry tomatoes, rinsed and drained
- 10 small white button mushrooms, wiped clean and stems removed
Mix lime juice with garlic, pepper, olive oil and cilantro.
Stir to combine.
Place the shrimp in a medium bowl and pour the marinade over the shrimp. Keep refrigerated and marinate for 10 to 15 minutes.
On four skewers, alternate cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and shrimp.
Preheat the grill to medium heat. Grill the skewers for three to four minutes on each side until the shrimp are just cooked through.
- 160 calories
- 6 g fat
- 85 mg cholesterol
- 95 mg sodium
- 17 g carbohydrates