Allergy & Immunology Services
At UCI Health, our specialists provide comprehensive care to adults and children suffering from all types of allergies and immune disorders.
Our board-certified allergists and immunologists have extensive training and experience in the diagnosis and treatment of the full spectrum of allergies and primary immunodeficiency disorders. They are equipped with the most advanced diagnostic technologies and are thoroughly versed in the latest treatment methods.
We also provide allergy services designed especially for children. Learn more about our Pediatric Allergy Services ›
UCI Health is home to the Jeffrey Modell Center for Primary Immunodeficiencies, one of only 50 diagnostic and research centers worldwide dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of children and adults born with improperly functioning immune systems. Learn more about the Jeffrey Modell Center ›
We see patients at Gottschalk Medical Plaza in Irvine and at UCI Medical Center in Orange. For more information or to schedule a consultation, please call us at 714-456-7720.
Our physicians use the latest information and technologies to evaluate and treat all allergic conditions in adults and children with all types of allergic conditions, including:
- Hay fever (allergic eye and nasal problems)
- Allergic skin disorders (rashes, hives, eczema, swelling and contact dermatitis)
- Food allergies
- Insect bite reactions
- Severe anaphylaxis
- Eosinophilic esophagitis
- Latex allergy
- Drug or medication allergy
- Anesthetic allergies
- Allergic reactions to contrast media used for CT scans or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Primary and secondary immune deficiencies
Our specialists tailor diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for each patient's individual needs. Treatments include:
- Skin testing for evaluation of environmental allergies
- Skin testing for food allergies
- Skin testing for medication allergies
- Patch testing for contact dermatitis evaluation
- Pulmonary function testing (spirometry) for asthma evaluation
- Allergy injections
- Treatment for hereditary angioedema
- Drug desensitization
- Oral food challenges
- Immunoglobulin infusions
Pediatric and adult allergy services
Our specialists see adult allergy sufferers on Wednesday mornings in Pavilion I at UCI Medical Center in Orange.
Children with allergies and immune deficiency disorders require special attention. UCI Health allergists and immunologists see pediatric allergy patients on Wednesday afternoons, also at Pavilion I. Learn more about our Pediatric Allergy Services ›
Immunology deficiencies & disorders
Immunological conditions are complex and require careful evaluation, treatment and ongoing care. Our team of UCI Health experts offers comprehensive, leading-edge care for the full spectrum of immunological disorders.
Among the primary immune deficiency conditions we treat are:
- Genetically determined antibody deficiency disorders
- Combined immunodeficiencies
- Phagocytic system disorders
- Complement deficiencies
We also diagnose and treat secondary immunological disorders due to autoimmune diseases, malignancies and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). Eligible patients may receive immunoglobulin treatment.