Gender Diversity Program
The UCI Health Gender Diversity Program offers Orange County's only interdisciplinary program dedicated to caring for transgender and gender-expansive children, teens and adults.
Our team of specialists provides affirming, supportive care with a full range of services, all in one location.
Services for children, adolescents and adults include:
- Patient and family counseling
- Puberty suppression
- Gender-affirming hormone therapy
- Sexual health, education and HIV prevention
- Specialty referrals
- Community connections and support
- School and community engagement
- Provider and trainee education
Our physicians are experienced at working with people whose gender identity or expression may be in conflict with their physical characteristics or with what others expect of them.
Our goal is to help each individual live happy, fulfilling and authentic lives.
The gender diversity team includes:
- Ajanta Naidu, MD (she/her), endocrinologist
- Jeffrey Vu, NP (he/him), family nurse practitioner
- Brit Cervantes (they/them), program coordinator and community education specialist
- Elizabeth Estabrooks (she/they), administrative assistant
We see patients by appointment at UCI Medical Center in Orange and at Gottschalk Medical Plaza on the university campus in Irvine.
For more information or to make an appointment, please call 714-456-6025.