UCI Health will see you now: Welcome to our new co-workers and patients from Fountain Valley, Lakewood, Los Alamitos and Placentia Linda! 

Report Sexual Misconduct

How to Make a Report of Sexual Harassment and Notice of Nondiscrimination

University of California Notice of Nondiscrimination

The University of California and UCI Health are committed to the principle of treating each community member with respect and dignity.

Across all of its locations, including clinical settings, the University prohibits discrimination and harassment (including sexual assault and other forms of sexual harassment). UCI Health provides equal opportunities for all patients, applicants, employees, faculty, and students regardless of sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics. For more on the University’s commitment to integrity, accountability and respect for all members of our community, please see the University’s Statement of Ethical Values and Standards of Ethical Conduct.

How to report sexual harassment

If you experience sexual harassment, please report it. To speak with a UC Irvine Title IX officer, please call 949-824-5594. You may also submit an online report.


The UC Irvine Title IX Office tries to protect people’s privacy, while also fulfilling its obligations to respond appropriately to all reports it receives. In some situations, certain laws and University policies may require disclosure of reports to others, such as other University officials, licensing boards, law enforcement, or other agencies. If you are unsure if you want to file a report, we recommend contacting the following confidential resource first for advice and support:

These offices are not required to report instances of sexual harassment to the University.

The University reviews all reports of sexual harassment in accordance with the University’s Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment Policy (PDF) and other applicable policies.

See additional reporting options ›

To provide general feedback about your patient care experience

UCI Health is interested in hearing about your overall care experience. To provide general feedback about your visit or experience with a UCI Health provider, or to communicate any complaint about unprofessional conduct, contact our patient experience team.

To obtain your medical records

We offer several ways to get a copy of your medical records. Learn more about medical records ›

For language, hearing and visual access assistance

We provide free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, like qualified sign language interpreters and written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats). We also provide free language services to people whose primary language is not English, like qualified interpreters and information written in other languages. Learn more about language interpreter services ›

Reporting obligations of UC personnel

All University employees are responsible for creating and maintaining the safe, supportive and respectful environment that our patients and colleagues expect and deserve. Additionally, under some circumstances, UCI Health faculty and staff members are required by University policy to immediately report possible sexual harassment to the Title IX office. Even those who are not subject to a mandate are urged to immediately report information regarding possible sexual harassment directly to the Title IX office or anonymously to the compliance hotline. For more information about your responsibility to report sexual harassment as a member of the UC community, visit the Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity (OEOD) website.

Additional options for reporting sexual misconduct

The following University offices also accept reports of sexual misconduct:

All patients have a right to file a grievance with the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) regardless of whether you use the hospital’s grievance process. Grievances may be filed by phone, fax or writing to CDPH.

681 S. Parker Ave, Ste. 200
Orange, CA 92868
714-567-2906 (Phone)
714-567-2815 (Fax)

File a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal or by mail or phone.

U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD)

In this Section