High School Volunteer Program
Interest form will open in fall 2024
Our High School Volunteer Program is for high school students age 16 and over. This program is geared for students who are considering a career in the medical field as well as those who enjoy helping others.
If accepted as a volunteer, you will be assigned one three-hour shift per week and must commit to volunteer a minimum of 75 hours.
We apologize in advance if you are not accepted to participate in the program. We have limited positions and unfortunately cannot accept everyone who applies.
Selection will be based on:
- Your application
- Willingness and ability to make the requested weekly commitment
- Previous community service experience
- Personal maturity level
- Educational background and career interests
For more information, email the volunteer office or call 714-456-5541.
Frequently asked questions
- You must have a medical clearance form completed and signed by your physician
- You must be able to volunteer during one of the following three-hour shifts once each week:
3 p.m.–6 p.m.
- You must be able to attend a three-hour orientation
- You must be reliable and have great customer service skills
You must have a medical clearance form completed by your personal physician that includes:
- Immunity to measles, mumps, rubella and varicella
- Completion of a two-step tuberculosis skin test
- Documentation of Tdap vaccine
- Documentation of hepatitis B vaccine series
- Documentation of flu vaccination during flu season
- COVID-19 vaccine with booster
A uniform is required and can be purchased for $25 at your orientation.
The most important requirement to be a volunteer is a friendly, customer-focused attitude. You do not need medical or clinical experience.
A willingness to serve, to give back to your community, and be helpful and caring are the traits of a successful volunteer. Excellent communication skills are required.
- Sterile processing unit
- Equipment pool
- Nursing units
- Reception desks
- Gift shop
Volunteer positions will be assigned by the volunteer manager based on current openings and each student's availability.