COVID-19: How you can help
One of our primary concerns is the health and well-being of our community, and we send our thoughts to all those affected by COVID-19.
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, UCI Health and the Susan and Henry Samueli College of Health Sciences are at the forefront of galvanizing efforts to combat the pandemic. As the region’s only combined academic medical center and research university, our infectious disease experts, public health researchers and world-class clinicians are dedicated to mitigating the spread of COVID-19 with the goal of eventual eradication of the virus.
During this unprecedented time, your support is more important now than ever.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Case for Support
COVID-19 Patient Care and Healthcare Workforce Fund
At UCI Medical Center in Orange, the most pressing need is to expand our capacity to address the potential surge in patients. Your gift will help provide:
- Support for UCI intensive care units and additional surge tents to house patients
- Sanitizing and protective supplies for patients and staff
- Expanded diagnostic testing services for patients and staff
- Additional lab equipment to process more COVID-19 tests internally and speed turnaround time
- Support for more personnel to meet the needs of the growing number of patients
COVID-19 Research Innovation Fund
Researchers across UCI have accelerated their efforts to slow and stop the spread of COVID-19 and minimize its negative impacts. Your gift for research will support some of our teams’ most promising, high-impact work:
- Development of a COVID-19 diagnostic test for rapid screening
- Advancement of a COVID-19 vaccine
- Scaling-up research for emerging infectious diseases
- Studying the pathogenesis of coronaviruses
- Funding for the School of Medicine’s Biosafety Level 3 (BSL-3) laboratory, the only BSL-3 lab in the University of California system.
UCI Emergency Response Fund
By supporting the UCI Emergency Response Fund, you will provide UCI and UCI Health with the flexibility to respond quickly to the most pressing and emerging needs — patient care, student support and research efforts — as they arise during this global crisis. Because needs are shifting at such a rapid pace, your gift to the UCI Emergency Response Fund will make an immediate difference.
For more information about UCI and UCI Health’s response to COVID-19, please visit:
ucihealth.org/covid-19 and uci.edu/coronavirus