The UCI Health Blood Donor Center — Irvine at University of California, Irvine represents a life-giving link between the UCI campus in Irvine and UCI Medical Center in the City of Orange.
Annually, patients at UCI Medical Center require more than 20,000 blood products. Every one of these products comes from a caring person like you. Blood and platelet donations are a critical lifeline to the men, women and children in our care.
Normal business hours:
- Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Wednesday, noon-7 p.m.
- Closed Friday through Sunday
When you arrive
- From Campus Drive, turn onto West Peltason Drive and immediately move into the left lane.
- Turn left on Pereira Drive.
- Turn left into the Student Center parking structure. Do not stop at the kiosk or to speak with the attendant.
- You will enter on the second floor and park on floors three through six in any unmarked space.
- The Student Center is located directly across from the parking structure.
- Enter through the glass doors and go straight back.
- When you see the large electronic sign, go left and follow the signs on the wall to the donor center.
- We are located on Level 1 of the Student Center inside the Courtyard Study Lounge, room B106, downstairs from Starbucks and the bookstore.
- Enter through the glass doors around the corner from the ATMs, next to the small electronic sign.
- Go down the stairs, all the way through the courtyard and take the first door on your right.
Use the interactive UCI campus map to get directions once you are on campus ›
Parking is available for community-based donors at the UCI Student Center Parking Structure, located at the intersection of Pereira Road and West Peltason. The Blood Donor Center covers parking expenses for each blood or platelet donation visit. Please take a photo of your license plate so we can create a virtual permit once you arrive at the donor center.
There are three ways to make an appointment to donate blood or platelets: