Sports Medicine Services
Whether you're a high school, college or professional athlete, or one of Southern California's thousands of recreational weekend warriors, you know that staying active is essential to a healthy body and mind.
But when acute injuries or ongoing pain get in the way of the things you enjoy, expert care from a sports medicine physician can help you get back on track and prevent future problems.
Why see a sports medicine physician?
UCI Health Sports Medicine Services offers the best care and treatment for athletes and fitness enthusiasts of all ages and skill levels. We focus on injury prevention and provide personalized treatment to ensure that you remain in optimal health as you pursue your favorite activities.
Having a sports medicine physician who is readily available in case you are injured — and knows your history — takes the worry out of your workout.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call 949-824-8600.
Our sports medicine team
- Dr. Brian Y. Kim is board-certified in both sports medicine and family medicine. He has worked extensively with athletes of all levels and in various sports, including track and field, volleyball, ski and snowboarding, tennis, soccer, swim, cycling, golf and gymnastics. Most recently, he served as the primary physician on-site for the United States Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colo., where he provided integrative, collaborative and multidisciplinary care for Olympic-level athletes. Learn more about Kim ›
- Dr. Christopher Kroner, who is board-certified in both sports medicine and family medicine, cares for athletes of all ages and skill levels. His approach to sports medicine is a holistic one, focusing on the unique needs of athletes and people with active lifestyles. He is a team physician for the Anaheim Ducks and UCI Athletics, and has worked with USA Water Polo, runDisney, and various community colleges and high schools over several years of practice. Learn more about Kroner ›
- Dr. Andrew Nobe is board-certified in both family medicine and sports medicine who works with athletes of all ages and skill levels. His clinical interests include preventive medicine, sports concussions, non-operative orthopedics care and musculoskeletal procedures that include ultrasound-guided joint and tissue injections. Nobe, who has had a lifelong passion for sports, is a team physician with UCI Athletics and he has cared for professional action sports athletes who compete in X Games and World Taekwondo, among others. He also works with college, community college and high school athletes, as well as runDisney competitors. He enjoys helping golfers and is certified by the Titleist Performance Institute to provide sport-specific care. Learn more about Nobe ›
- Dr. Dean Wang is a fellowship-trained orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in sports-related muskuloskeletal injuries of the knee, hip, shoulder and elbow. His clinical expertise includes advanced minimally invasive arthroscopic procedures and reconstructive surgery of these joints. Wang also specializes in biologic joint preservation procedures, including modern cartilage restoration techniques and arthroscopic hip preservation surgery. Learn more about Wang ›
Conditions and services
Our approach to your treatment is multidisciplinary, meaning that when necessary, we work with other specialists to treat you most effectively.
Conditions we treat include:
- Calcific tendinitis
- Foot pain
- Impingement syndromes (bursitis, tendinitis)
- Labrum tears
- Muscle and tendon tears and strains
- Nerve entrapment and neuromas
We offer screening exams for sports participation for both healthy patients and those with medical complications. We also provide:
- Joint and soft tissue injections
- Non-surgical and surgical removal of calcific tendinitis
- Ultrasound evaluation of joints and soft tissues
- Viscosupplementation and platelet-rich plasma injections
We are located at Gottschalk Medical Plaza on the UCI campus in Irvine.
Get maps and directions to our location ›
To schedule an appointment, call us at 949-824-8600.