Our UCI Health urologists are experts in the diagnosis and treatment of all types of urologic cancers.
We diagnose and treat cancers of the:
Our urologic cancer specialize in the following treatments and services:
- Cryoablation (freezing) of kidney and prostate cancers
- Inguinal lymph node dissection for penile cancer
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
- Laparoscopic nephrectomy
- Medical therapies, including chemotherapy, biological agents and therapies that work with the patient's immune system
- Radical cystectomy and continent urinary diversion
- RapidArc® radiotherapy
- Retroperitoneal lymph node dissection
- Retroperitoneal lymph node dissections for testicular cancer (laparoscopic)
- Robot-assisted radical cystectomy
- Robot-assisted radical and partial nephrectomy
- Robot-assisted radical prostatectomy
- Second opinions for patients seeking treatment for prostate, bladder, kidney and testicular cancer
We also conduct clinical trials to study new therapies and techniques for treating prostate, bladder and testicular cancers that are not generally available elsewhere.
For the last decade, UCI Medical Center has regularly been named among "America’s Best Hospitals" for urology by U.S. News & World Report.
One reason is the expertise of our urologic cancers team in several leading-edge treatments, including:
Minimally invasive surgery
Our urologists are known around the world for their leadership in minimally invasive surgery. This type of procedure is especially important in prostate cancer treatment to minimize the risks of incontinence and sexual dysfunction.
We are renowned for our pioneering experience in robot-assisted, minimally invasive prostate cancer surgery using the da Vinci® Surgical System, which speeds recovery time and reduces patient discomfort. We have performed thousands of robot-assisted prostatectomies at UCI Medical Center.
- RapidArc® radiation therapy
We were the first medical center in Orange County to use RapidArc®, a groundbreaking volumetrically-modulated arc therapy (VMAT) technique. It is able to deliver an energetic X-ray beam that precisely conforms to the tumor shape to minimize damage to healthy tissue and is faster than conventional radiotherapy.
The UCI Health urologic cancer team is made up of specialists in urology, radiation oncology, medical oncology and vascular and interventional radiology.
Our team includes:
- Thomas E. Ahlering, MD
- Ralph V. Clayman, MD
- Michael A. Daneshvar, MD
- Greg E. Gin, MD
- Mark L. Jordan, MD
- Jaime Landman, MD
- David I. Lee, MD
- Roshan M. Patel, MD
- Edward Uchio, MD
- Ramy F. Yaacoub, MD