California hospitals are considered to be among the most complex buildings in the world to design, remodel and maintain. Hospitals provide patient care 24 hours a day, every day, year after year. The state has developed rigorous hospital building standards and procedures to ensure that hospital facilities will meet the needs of both patients and staff.
Beyond hospital construction needs, our planning team works endlessly to remodel and refurbish existing facilities and infrastructure.
Planning Administration provides the planning, skill and commitment required to continually meet the construction and design needs at our medical center.
We are committed to providing a safe environment, enhancing patient care and delivering functional quality within time and budget constraints.
The UCI Health Planning Administration strives to:
- Set a high standard of design and construction excellence
- Support patient care
- Enhance the patient experience
- Actively exercise the ARI2SE values within our capital improvement projects
Our ARI2SE values
- Accountability: We are each responsible for the achievements and successes of UCI Health
- Respect: We foster an environment of mutual respect and trust among ourselves and with all whom we serve
- Integrity: We tell the truth and strive to earn the trust of those around us
- Innovation: We seek ideas and approaches that can change the way the world discovers, teaches and heals
- Service through teamwork: As departments, units and individuals, we collaborate to effectively and compassionately serve our patients, each other and our community
- Excellence: We are committed to achieving the highest level of excellence in patient care, discovery and education
The Planning Administration department's purpose is to support UC Irvine Medical Center's commitment to patient care and patient satisfaction through integrated design and quality construction of our building facilities.