Women's Heart Services
Women's heart disease is frequently overlooked and underdiagnosed. It's crucial to have specialists who not only understand your unique symptoms, but can also effectively treat them and prevent future cardiac events.
With unmatched expertise in women's heart health, the cardiologists with UCI Health Women's Heart Services do just that.
Heart disease will affect one in two women in their lifetime. It's one of the leading causes of death in the United States. With early diagnosis, risk assessment, treatment and lifestyle changes, cardiac events are often preventable.
To learn more or schedule a consultation, call 714-456-6699.
- UCI Health has the largest team of specialists dedicated to women's heart health in Orange County. We understand the unique needs of women when it comes to their heart health and our cardiologists are experts in recognizing the signs of disease.
- Our specialists not only treat women with heart disease, they continually research new methods of prevention, diagnosis and treatment. Your care is always backed by the latest research.
- WomenCertified® recognizes UCI Medical Center as one of the "Best Hospitals for Patient Experience in Heart Care."
- Our physicians are among the nation's best, and many of them have been recognized at Best Doctors in America®.
- We take a collaborative approach to your care. Our team includes vascular, endovascular and cardiothoracic surgeons, as well as nurse practitioners, nurses, dietitians and exercise physiologists all trained in the most advanced therapies and treatments.
- We are dedicated to providing care that is both compassionate and innovative.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, heart disease is the second leading cause of death for women ages 45 to 54 and the third leading cause of death for women ages 35 to 44.
UCI Health Women's Heart Services cardiologists are experts in identifying the unique signs of heart disease in women. We use the latest technologies to make a diagnosis. If a problem is found, we work with you to create a plan for treatment and prevention to fit your individual needs.
Who should see us?
If you are a woman experiencing the following symptoms, you should be evaluated for heart disease:
- Chest pain
- Jaw pain
- Pain in the left arm
- Shortness of breath with exertion
- Unusual and unexplained fatigue
Learn more about heart disease in women and how we treat it ›
Some conditions, such as microvascular disease, are more common in women. Other conditions, such as heart attacks, can present symptoms in women that differ from symptoms commonly seen in men.
The women's heart specialists at UCI Health are experts at identifying, preventing and treating heart conditions in females.
We offer the latest in diagnostic testing to identify any heart conditions you may have, or are at high risk of developing. Our diagnostic tests include:
The UCI Health Women's Heart Services team includes:
We collaborate closely with the rest of our UCI Health Cardiovascular Services team, referring you for further evaluation and treatment as needed.