Behavioral Health Day Treatment Programs: IOP and PHP
The UCI Health Adolescent Behavioral Health Day Treatment Programs are intensive, psychiatric day treatment programs. They are designed to evaluate and treat teens whose emotional and behavioral problems are interfering with their ability to function at home, in school and in the community using evidence-based treatments.
The Behavioral Health Day Treatment Programs include the Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) and the Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) and are used as transitions from care in an inpatient unit.
Our programs provide intensive care in a safe and caring environment for preteens and teenagers (ages 12 through 17).
Your child's treatment team includes:
- A child and adolescent psychiatrist
- Social workers
All treatment team members are highly skilled and experienced in working with the needs of troubled teens and their families.
Patients enrolled in the program receive:
- Group therapy, including mindfulness/meditation, process, creative expression, dialectical behavioral therapy skills and cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Individual therapy
- Family therapy
- Psychiatric evaluation and medication management, when needed
- Assistance with schoolwork by a trained instructor (except during summer)
What we treat
The program's multidisciplinary team of board-certified child and adolescent psychiatrists and licensed clinical social workers combine compassionate care with expertise to help adolescents with emotional issues and psychiatric conditions such as:
Individual treatment plans
Family members and the teen assist in the development and ongoing assessment of a unique, comprehensive treatment plan. The objective is to help improve the teen's ability to:
- Communicate effectively and relate constructively to others
- Manage emotions and moods
- Control impulses and at-risk behaviors
- Develop and increase the quality of relationships with family members, peers and others
- Improve attendance and performance at school
The program also is designed to ease an adolescent's transition from an inpatient setting to the family home, as well as to decrease the risk of relapse.
Teenagers who are not ready to return to the pressures of school or work receive specialized supervision and individualized therapeutic plans. The team works closely with teens and their families to help ensure a supportive transition back to school and the community.
We are an in-network provider for most major insurance plans. When calling, please have your insurance information available. Learn more about the insurance we accept ›
For more information about the UCI Health Behavioral Health Day Treatment Programs, call 714-456-2924.