The SeniorHealth Center is staffed by the largest group of board-certified geriatricians in Orange County and the region. We are also renowned for our groundbreaking research in senior health care as well as for our treatment and prevention programs.
Our physicians also are faculty members in the UCI School of Medicine's nationally regarded Division of Geriatric Medicine & Gerontology, which has been training young doctors to care for the unique needs of aging patients and for providing resources and leadership to combat elder abuse for nearly two decades.
- The SeniorHealth Center is designated as a total-care center for older adults. Under one roof, we have primary care, short-term consultations, memory and health assessment programs and a team of senior-care experts, including psychologists, social workers, pharmacists, nurses, neurologists and psychiatrists.
- Our geriatricians are physicians who have undergone several years of further training and are board-certified in the care of older patients.
- UCI Health Senior Health Services is regularly ranked among the best in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
- We lead the nation in developing a patient-centered medical home, which is a comprehensive model centered on the needs of patients.
- We are proactive specialists in the evaluation and treatment of memory loss. Through our Memory Assessment Services, patients who have concerns about their memory receive a comprehensive exam that tests attention, concentration, recall, problem-solving and verbal skills.
- Our innovative Health Assessment Program for Seniors (HAPS) is the only one of its kind in Orange County. Through HAPS, patients receive a comprehensive health evaluation by an expert team.
- As an academic health system, we are supported by a world-class network of specialized healthcare providers. Only 3% of U.S. health systems provide the unique advantages of an academic medical center.
We offer a wide range of services to meet the needs of aging adults and their families, including:
- Adults ages 60 and older can schedule an appointment with a UCI Health SeniorHealth Center geriatrician for ongoing primary care or a consultation regarding specific health concerns.
- Our physicians provide preventive healthcare and treatment for acute and chronic illnesses.
- Our expertise is tailored to the specific needs of older adults.
- If you or a loved one suffers from memory loss, falls, frailty, urinary incontinence and functional decline, our physicians can help.
- You can see our physicians for either a one-time consultation or for ongoing primary care.
Memory Assessment Clinic
Have you ever misplaced your keys, forgotten a phone number or drawn a blank when trying to recall someone's name?
For some individuals, this type of forgetfulness is a normal part of aging and is not a cause for concern. When memory loss becomes disabling or interferes with daily living, it may be a warning sign of dementia.
It's important to identify and address the underlying cause of memory loss.
Learn more about our Memory Assessment Services ›
Health Assessment Program for Seniors (HAPS)
HAPS is a comprehensive assessment for older adults with complex health concerns. It is a two-step process:
- You will first meet with each member of our multidisciplinary team, which consists of a geriatrician, geropsychologist, pharmacist, dietitian, social worker and occupational therapist. After this meeting, our HAPS team assembles a comprehensive plan of support that is specific to your needs.
- After the team assessment, patients and families return for a personalized family conference where team recommendations are reviewed.
Learn more about HAPS ›
Learn more about any of our programs by calling 714-456-7007.
Our multidisciplinary consists of a wide range of healthcare professionals specially trained in caring for older adults. They are geriatricians (physicians who specialize in the care of older adults), psychologists, physician assistants, geriatric pharmacists, occupational therapists, nurses and social workers.
Core team members include: