Learn how you can use acupressure to reduce pain during labor and after delivery for breastfeeding and your overall health and wellness in the first days after your baby's birth.
During our 60-minute Zoom class, pregnant mothers and their labor partner(s) will learn to apply acupressure during labor as well as after delivery. The class was designed by an experienced, licensed acupuncturist from the Susan Samueli Integrative Health Institute to offer non-pharmacologic, integrative approaches to managing pain. The course also provides information about integrative postpartum care.
The program is taught by one of two instructors, Mariko Horie, LAc, and Heather Rice, LAc
- Offered online on the second Thursday of the month from 7-8 p.m.
- Attendance is free but registration is required
- A Zoom link will be sent after registration is completed
- Acupressure for labor pain
- Ear seeds for labor pain
- Postpartum care: nutrition, pain, constipation, postpartum depression and breastfeeding
- Aug. 12, 2021 (11 a.m.-noon this date only*)
- Sept. 9, 2021
- Oct. 14, 2021
- Nov. 10, 2021 (Wednesday class due to the Veteran's Day holiday)
- Dec. 9, 2021
- Jan. 13, 2022
- Feb. 10, 2022
- March 10, 2022
- April 14, 2022
- May 12, 2022
- June 9, 2022
You may register for this class more than once.
Registration is required.
Late registrations are welcome through the series.
Call 657-282-6357 for late registration.
Nursing students from community schools may attend this class. When registering, please indicate that you are a nursing student when entering your name. At the beginning of class, please also notify the instructor that you are a student.