Our hematologists evaluate, diagnose and treat noncancerous blood disorders, including:
- Bleeding disorders, including hemophilia
- Bone marrow disorders
- Cytopenias, including anemia and thrombocytopenia
- Hemoglobinopathies, including sickle cell disease and thalassemia
- Immune hematologic disorders
- Iron metabolism disorders
- Myeloproliferative diseases
- Platelet disorders
- Thrombophilias, inherited and acquired
UC Irvine Medical Center is the most comprehensive resource for benign blood disorders in Orange County.
Our hematologic oncologists diagnose and treat cancerous blood diseases, including:
- Multiple myeloma
Learn more about our hematological oncology services ›
For bone-marrow transplant procedures, we have an affiliation with UCLA, one of the leading centers for this procedure in the United States. We offer pre- and post-transplant services at the Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, which minimizes travel for our Orange County patients.