The UCI Health Nephrology Services team provides the most advanced care in Orange County for patients in need of dialysis, including:
- Adult and teenage outpatients with end-stage renal disease
- People in need of training and assistance with home peritoneal dialysis or hemodialysis
- Hospitalized patients with acute renal disease
Our team members have pioneered incremental hemodialysis, nutritional therapy, pregnancy care during dialysis and other innovative approaches to patient care.
Our nephrologists are among the most experienced and published experts in their field. They work closely with other highly skilled physicians at Orange County's only academic medical system, ensuring that all our patients receive seamless, world-class care.
For more information about our outpatient dialysis services or to start dialysis, please call 714-456-5142.
If you have chronic kidney disease (stages 1 through 5), call 714-456-7720 to schedule an appointment.
Dialysis therapies we offer our patients include hemodialysis — in-center and in-home dialysis — and peritoneal dialysis.
Our expert nephrologists also offer:
- Dialysis care for high-risk maternity patients
- Consultations with a licensed clinical social worker
- Consultations with a registered dietitian
- Assistance in applying for medical insurance
- One-on-one psycho-social counseling
Patients seeking more information about our outpatient dialysis services may call 714-456-5142.
At our state-of-the-art UCI Douglas Hospital, we also provide inpatient services to adults and teenagers suffering from chronic or acute renal failure. These services include:
- Continuous arteriovenous hemofiltration (CAVH)
- Continuous veno-venous hemofiltration (CVVH)
- Continuous renal replacement therapy (CRRT)
- Peritoneal dialysis
Our specialists are also skilled in other external therapies for adults and teenagers with acute kidney injury.
All our patients are cared for by a dedicated team of highly trained healthcare professionals, including the following physicians: